Burnett & Son is a further processor, meaning that we bring in the specific cuts of meat we require to make the products we are selling such as pot roast of beef and gravy, stuffed chicken breast roulades, or pork carnitas. We also process vegetables and combinations of meat and vegetables to create items like lamb stew, chicken pot pie filling or beef bourguignon.
- Food service includes such items as roast beef, pastrami, meat loaf, carnitas and more.
- Club store/retail products are fully cooked, ready to heat and eat, fresh refrigerated entrees and side dishes. In Costco, our products are sold under the A La Carte Gourmet Classics brand and Burnett elsewhere. We also make many private label brands.
- Industrial Sales: Also known as items for further processing. For instance, another manufacturer may need a component for a product that they do not have the capability or capacity to make it for themselves. We can help by making this component for them. An example would be a basic cooked beef or chicken for shredding or dicing.
If the product desired is a stock item, then we request a 1,250 pound combined order of one or several products. For Private Label or Custom products, we require a 5,000 pound minimum order. Please contact us to discuss your specific project.
We do not.
We can help design, source, manufacture and ship products for our customers. We have a talented research and development staff, we employ our own meat cutters, we can enhance meats through vacuum tumbling or injecting, cook, smoke, slice, bulk pack and retail package.
Our products will last in a sealed refrigerated container similar to leftovers you prepare at home. Due to a variety of factors we cannot guarantee a length of time. For best results, if you know that a package is more than you will consume in one sitting, simply open the package and divide the contents into food storage containers or bags and freeze or refrigerate for future use. Once opened the product should be prepared and consumed within two to three days. Reheating times will need to be adjusted proportionately.
Some of our products are gluten free, such as our organic spaghetti squash, and can be identified by the gluten-free mark on the packaging.
Due to the nature of our cooking we are not able to offer additional gravy at this time.
If the product is frozen, first defrost the product and then proceed with the heating instructions. You may:
- Defrost the product by placing it in the refrigerator for 24 hours (or until completely defrosted), or
- If using a microwave oven, defrost using the DEFROST function following your microwave oven’s instructions.
Listed below are general heating instructions. Due to variance in appliances and different packaging sizes, please use this as a general guideline.
- NOTE: Microwave times may vary.
- CAUTION: Contents will be hot!
- Cut 2-3 1” slits in pouch and set aside in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on HIGH about 3 1/2 minutes per pound (about 6 to 7 minutes) or until hot. Let stand 2 minutes before removing product from pouch.
- NOTE: Heating times may vary. See specific item pack sheet for details.
- CAUTION: Contents will be hot!
- Unwrap package. Remove pouch(es).
- Place pouch(es) in 3 quart of water in a 6 quart stock pot.
- Place stock pot on stove top. Heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pouch(es) from water and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Using caution cut open pouch(es), draining any excess liquid in the pouches and pour contents into a serving dish.