Apple Mint Lamb Shanks
Tender bone in lamb shank in a rich brown gravy with tangy sweet apples and mint
Serve alongside garlic herb Hasselback potatoes and lemon olive oil roasted asparagus.
Garlic Herb Hasselback Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Combine the olive oil, herbs and garlic in a small bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut across the potato to create 1/16- to 1/8-inch sections. Do not cut all the way through the potato, but cut two-thirds the way down, leaving at least a 1/2 inch solid base at the bottom. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and rub them with half of the olive oil and garlic. Place potatoes cut side up on the baking sheet and sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Use tongs to gently squeeze the base of each potato to open up the folds. Use a pastry brush to brush the remaining garlic herb oil on the top of each potato and in between the slices.
- Roast in the oven for another 30 minutes, until the largest potato is fork tender. Serve alongside Apple Mint Lamb shank heated according to package directions.
Lemon Olive Oil Roasted Asparagus
- 2 pounds of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim asparagus to remove the woody ends. Gently bend asparagus tip until a natural break appears at the bottom of the stalk and discard bottom portion.
- Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Zest the lemon and combine with the juice of the lemon, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon olive oil mixture over asparagus and roast the asparagus for 7-10 minutes. Serve alongside Apple Mint Lamb shank heated according to package directions and Hasselback potatoes.