Greek Style Lamb Shanks
Greek style lamb with a rich tomato, lemon, cinnamon, herb sauce with roasted garlic and olive oil and slow cooked
Serve with lemon roasted potatoes and a Greek chopped salad
Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled, washed, cut into wedges
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potato wedges in a large lightly-oiled baking dish and sprinkle with the sea salt, pepper and paprika. Toss potatoes together briefly to evenly distribute seasoning.
- In a bowl, whisk together chopped garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and broth. Pour into baking dish with potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the 400 degree F-heated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, uncover and sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Return to oven uncovered to roast for another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and become golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Greek Chopped Salad
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers (with 3 tablespoons of the liquid),
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled peppers (with 1 tablespoon of the liquid)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red vine vinegar
- 1 cup watercress
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- ½ cup pitted Greek olives.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Combine in a medium bowl and allow to sit to have the flavors meld.
- Serve alongside Greek style lamb shank and roasted potatoes.