Fennel seeds, lemon zest, mustard and herb crusted pork loin with bacon
Serve this Italian inspired pork roast with Parmesan herb polenta and roasted broccoli rabe or on a sandwich with arugula, balsamic glaze and heirloom tomatoes.
Parmesan Herb Polenta
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs ( parsley, chervil, sage or fennel)
- Bring 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in large saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in polenta; whisk constantly until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender and thickened but still creamy, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add herbs and mix well to combine.
Broccoli Rabe with Roasted Garlic and Lemon
- 2 pounds of trimmed broccoli rabe
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil with garlic and cook unitl golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange broccoli rabe on a baking sheet.
- Zest the lemon and combine with the juice of the lemon, olive oil garlic mixture.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over broccoli and roast for 7-10 minutes . Serve alongside sliced A La Carte Porchetta, heated according to the package directions and Parmesan Herb Polenta.